Post Critical Incident
This is just some advice for you following a Critical Incident (Shooting)
Critical Incident (Shooting)
If you carry a firearm, carry a cell phone.
– Speak slowly and clearly
– Remember – YOUR CALL IS RECORDED!!!
– Don’t give your life story
– Ask for an ambulance and police
– NO profanity
– NO racial slurs
**Call Legal Counsel**
– Remember the Miranda warning does not afford a defense from your testimony
“What you say CAN AND WILL be used AGAINST you in a court of law.”
There are various legal plans that you can subscribe to that provide services to CHL and NON-CHL holders.
You “may” render first aid.
– REMEMBER YOUR SAFETY FIRST!!!
– Focus on the wound/victim and not the act
– Stay aware of your surroundings
DO NOT LEAVE THE SCENE! (unless your safety demands it)
– If you leave the scene, call the police immediately, even if you called earlier.
– DO NOT go home and wash up
Greeting arriving Police
– You may holster or store your firearm/weapon afterward, but let the police know upon request
– DO NOT (if you can at all help it) be standing with a firearm in your hand when they arrive
– Comply with commands IMMEDIATELY!
– Hands UP! – Do not attempt to reveal, point to, or draw your firearm unless explicitly commanded to.
– You may or may not be handcuffed – COMPLY
– Be cooperative, but follow your legal council’s advice