This is just some advice for you following a Critical Incident (Shooting)
Critical Incident (Shooting)
If you carry a firearm, carry a cell phone.
- Speak slowly and clearly
- Remember - YOUR CALL IS RECORDED!!!
- Don’t give your life story
- Ask for an ambulance and police
- NO profanity
- NO racial slurs
**Call Legal Counsel**
- Remember the Miranda warning does not afford a defense from your testimony
“What you say CAN AND WILL be used AGAINST you in a court of law.”
There are various legal plans that you can subscribe to that provide services to CHL and NON-CHL holders.
You “may” render first aid.
- REMEMBER YOUR SAFETY FIRST!!!
- Focus on the wound / victim and not the act
- Stay aware of your surroundings
DO NOT LEAVE THE SCENE! (unless your safety demands it)
- If you leave the scene, call police immediately, even if you called earlier.
- DO NOT go home and wash up
Greeting arriving Police
- You may holster or store your firearm/weapon afterwards, but let police know upon request
- DO NOT (if you can at all help it) be standing with a firearm in your hand when they arrive
- Comply with commands IMMEDIATELY!
- Hands UP! - Do not attempt to reveal, point to, or draw your firearm unless explicitly commanded to.
- You may or may not be handcuffed - COMPLY
- Be cooperative, but follow your legal council’s advice
See our link below to join USCCA so that you are covered in the event you have to use deadly force